Tuesday, July 7, 2009

It's a crazy small world

Hey folks, Dave here -

Last night (my final night in Belfast) I went back to Kelly's Cellar - agreed by me and many others to be the best pub in Belfast - and started jamming with some guys and I noticed that the girl who works at the hostel I was staying at was also there with some of her friends. I went over and said hi and started talking to her and when she asked where I was from she told me that she knew exactly where Fort Collins was - her brother's ex-girlfriend lives there and she's still good friends with her. I asked who she was & said I might know her - in a town the size of Fort Collins its still a longshot, but less so than saying something like "Oh, you know someone who lives in the US? I live in the US, maybe I know them!" - and when she said the name - I totally knew her. For those of you Poudre High School folks - it was Maiki Teene - and this girl in Belfast knew all the Teene's and grew up in the same neighborhood in Canada. How crazy is that!



Couple hours from now I'll be in Dublin!

wza out.

No comments:

Post a Comment