Friday, July 3, 2009

Sunny day in Northern Ireland!


Hey folks - Dave here -

Currently sitting in an internet cafe waiting for the Public Enemies showtime at 6:00 (yeah I know, who sees movies when they're abroad? - but the live music/pub scene starts a little later here, and I've already had dinner) and then heading out to a cool pub I saw on a historical walking tour I did today that might have a jam session later tonight.

It's kind of a low tech internet cafe - so now picture posts, but imagine a picture of a perfectly poured Guinness on a well worn wooden bar table with a smily face in the foam drawn from my finger (apparently as I was told by Kim, the head on Guinness over here is thick enough that you can poke your finger in it and it will come up in a little cone shape and actually stay like that - it's true. And it's delicious)

Just wanted to do a quick post to let everyone know I've arrived on the scene okay and no worse for wear. My plan for tomorrow is to see the murals over on Shankhill, and all the exhibits and stops around town having to do with the Titanic. It was built here.

wza out.

2 comments:

  1. Dave, what are you doing eating dinner before 600PM?! This is Europe. You're supposed to get sh*t-faced first and not eat 'til around 9PM. Well, live and learn. Live and learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff - yes.. living and learning... that didn't happen again ;)

    ReplyDelete